Random stuff from the allotment, kitchen and other adventures.

Monday 4 April 2011

Chocolate Easter Cup Cakes

                      

As it was Mothers day this Sunday I thought I would make some cup cakes to take round as a gift. 

On the Sunday morning I mixed together the following ingredients:

150g sunflower spread
150g caster sugar

I creamed these together first.

3 eggs

I added these and whisked in until the mixture went smooth and creamy.

100g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder

I whisked the flour and cocoa into the mixture then spooned into 12 cup cake cases.

I baked in a preheated oven at 170C for approx. 15 minutes.

Once cooked, I left them to cool until after lunch.

Once they were cold I cut out a small hole in the centre of each cake and filled the middle with some chocolate crème patisserie. (This was shop bought.  I wished I had made my own as it was a little bland.)  I then piped a swirl of butter icing made with:

75g butter
100g icing sugar
75g cocoa powder

 I then topped with some chocolate eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment