Random stuff from the allotment, kitchen and other adventures.

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Curtains and Cushions



Since deciding to re-decorate the playroom I have been looking for the perfect curtains for the room.  I would normally paper a single wall with a feature wall paper but in this room I just didn’t have the spare wall to do this on.  One end had floor to ceiling shelving and the other end had a window.  Therefore I decided to use the window end of the room as my feature wall.  I began my hunt for the perfect curtains.  I came across a number of fabrics during my travels to Ikea which were really cool but I am no seamstress (Loath sowing actually) and no way can afford for them to be made.  Therefore I started to search the internet and stores in the area.  Found a couple of possibilities in M&S (A little on the expensive side) and Dunlin Mill ( right colour green but plain and stripy).

My search criteria was: Not plain, not stripes and no flowers.

I eventually came across some really cool retro designs which were affordable in Next Home.  They were a fabulous green with bold retro design leaves.  They also had a matching cushion that I just had to buy as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment