Random stuff from the allotment, kitchen and other adventures.

Sunday 17 April 2011

Viennese Kisses


It was Friday and got home from work to find all the biscuits in the house had been eaten.   I have this really old book on the shelf which has some really lovely biscuit recipes.  After a flick through the pages me and Rhi decided on a Viennese biscuit recipe but with our own twist.

We creamed together 200g sunflower spread with 75g icing sugar.

Added a few drops of vanilla essence.

I mixed in 250g of self raising flour a bit at a time then 2 table spoons of milk.

I then put the mixture into a piping bag and piped stars on to a cup cake baking tray.
I put the tray of biscuits in to the oven at a temperature of 150C for about 20 – 30 minutes. Checking every now and then to make sure they weren’t getting too brown and when they were I turned the temperature down a little.

Once they were cooked I removed them from the oven and left them on the rack to cool.

Once cold I mixed up some icing sugar, sunflower spread and vanilla essence.  I then spread a little raspberry seedless jam on one half and butter cream on the other and sandwiched them together.

Unfortunately they turned out to be so nice they all got eaten in one night. 

Next time I will try and make them I will try and be a bit daintier.

No comments:

Post a Comment